EPS Venturi Meters are manufactured to meet stringent industry standards and safety guidelines and are designed to meet the end users expectations.
Venturi meters are used on applications where a low permanent pressure loss is desired. This type of ‘Differential Pressure Meter’ can be used on a wide variety of flow mediums and include slurry, heavy oil, sludge, liquid, vapour, gas and high pressure steam.
EPS Venturi meters are produced using 3 main manufacturing methods, selected to best suit the material and size of the meter. These are detailed in ISO 5167-4:2003 and permit the use of specific Beta ranges.
12” 600 Venturi Meter
- Flange x Flange
- Flange x Weld
- Weld x Weld
Flanges available in the following formats;
- ANSI 16.5, 16.47, MSS-SP-44
- FF (Flat Face), RF (Raised Face), RTJ (Ring
Long form / Short Form
- Long form - Venturi meters with 7° exit angle. Longer lay length with lower non-recoverable pressure loss.
- Short form - Venturi meters with 15° exit angle. Shorter lay length with non- recoverable pressure loss slightly higher than Long form.
- Truncated form – Allows a 33% reduction in the outlet cone length. Non-recoverable pressure loss affected.
Pressure Tap Options
- NPT taps
- Flanged taps
- Piezo Annular rings
- Valved taps
- High Accuracy, precision machined orifice fitting.
- Minimal maintenance required.
- Available in sizes from 2” to 60”
- Manufactured to suit application
- Used to measure a wide range or mediums
- Short , Long and Truncated forms available
- Use of modern seals and simplest designs
- No moving parts = no maintenance
- Exotic Materials for demanding service – Duplex, Inconel.
- High Pressure solutions (10,000PSI)
- Wide Temperature ranges.
- Long form or Short form
- Meter Runs and instrumentation
- Bespoke design service
- Standard tapping’s , valves or ‘Piezo’ annular
- Pressure loss monitoring
- ASME B31.8 Gas Transmission and Distribution Piping
- NACE MR-01-75
- ASME B31.1 Power Piping
- ASME B31.3 Liquid Petroleum Transportation
- PED 97/23/EC – Pressure Equipment Directive
- ISO 5167-4:2003
- ASME MFC-3M
Maximising the Venturi Meter
To ensure absolute metering accuracy, it is recommended that meter tubes are purchased and manufactured to complement the venturi meter. This ensures concentricity between the pipe and the fitting, and eliminates uncertainties associated with misalignment.
LEADING can supply the following items for a complete metering solution;
- Venturi with Meter Tube including process connections
- DP transmitters and Process Transmitters
- Flow Computer and Enclosure